Thursday, October 26, 2023

The Hidden Gems of Nepal | Lalitpur, Patan

Here we come to the (not so) last post of my Nepal journey. Actually it’s an unplanned trip. So before arrived at Nepal I have book all the trip and plan about it then due to I finish the trip earlier then suddenly I contact up with one of my guide before and he ask whether I want to go somewhere else before I leave Nepal. 

Then I ask for any hidden gems nearby Kathmandu that I can come back before night, and its only Patan left haha. Proud of my self only in several days I finish the surrounding point here. So productive haha. 

Well, actually I ask whether he can take me to try public transport but since the station is not that convenience so we go by bike, because I tell him I already take car few days and don’t want to have another car again. I wanna try another way to explore Nepal. 

Here we go to Lalitpur yeay! 

It literally what I love to have! Mountain view, road trip, some cultural trip and hidden gems out of nowhere hahahaha. 

Its not a tourist area so who you meet here should be local, there are a Buddha ministry, big temple, a new build suspension bridge, and great scenery. 

I go here on Saturday and so many local here. They said because Sunday is working day for Nepali, they start the first day of the week in Sunday, so they only have Saturday as holiday. Then the life of Nepali is as simple as spending their holiday to nearby sightseeing with their friends & family. 






Suspension Bridge

So this is a very new one you can see from the construction nearby feels so fresh from the oven haha It remind me of Situ Gunung Suspension Bridge in Sukabumi though, but its more mountain view and calm. Nearby also have a monastery. 

Stupa on the Peak 

Not sure what is the name of this temple, but the local bring me here as he also pray here. Yes the one who come is for praying and 99% are local. But I love this place. Need some effort to get to the uphill. 

I only finish until the second highest one because its too tired and I already satisfied with the view from this hahahaha 

Another culture I see here is the ash of death people, so in Nepal they will throw it to the river but will take a bit and put it in the small statue and put it on the stupa to pray. 







The view along the way 

Its dusty especially when a big truck cross by. So what I love about Lalitpur here, the local vibes and the road trip. I like the how you can feel local by walking around and have a road trip, you also can found the traditional incents like this.

Nepal can’t enough to offer you better and better view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment down below :)