Saturday, October 21, 2023

Taiwan 2023 Nostalgic Trip | Taipei, Taiwan

May 2023 

I have short trip to Taipei for 5 days 4 night. It was a mandatory annual trip with some sprinkle. Why? Because I just got back my passport on Wed around 14.00 at bought a ticket at 15.00 and already in CGK airport at 16.00 and ready to flight haha. 

I have connection flight to make sure I already wake up in Taiwan on Thursday morning. Why so rush? Because I only have 2 days leave and need to continue with another business trip (another story later) so I need to really really arrange my time to be on the highest efficient haha. 

What is my plan for this so called nostalgic trip 懷舊之旅? I planned nothing but refreshing my mind back to the old days where I like to go what I like to eat when I'm in highschool & university. 

I'm an old one haha. 

What is the absurd one? I take the Brown Line MRT 捷運文山線like 4 times come and go just only to nostalgic this is the line when I will back home in university. Enjoy it and feels happy. I cross my university station, I cross the Wanfang Hospital where I do my wisdom teeth surgery, I cross Taipei zoo which is my favorite place at that time and I take the bus which I usually take in past time. 

Day 1 nostalgic

The favorite taiwanese breakfast : 漢堡肉蛋餅 +  大冰紅

Feels so good, the first meal on this trip with Taipei street

大腸麵線 always be my fav <3 




What to have after meal? Ofc the veggie juice 五蔬果汁 its combination of some veggie like celery with fruits — fresh & light, my all time favorite 


Day 2 nostalgic : 

Back to my college which is Wanfang Hospital MRT and the surrounding here. You know I always like to flash back what did I do that day when I am here walking on that street. Many of store and resto change but the ambience and some of my favorite things to visit is still there. So in love ❤️

MRT Wanfang Hospital 好熟悉的街景 以前每天都在這裡
陪我四年的戰場

I like to come here, like 5 mins walk from college. The owner is retired from 5 star hotel, he sell many things like dessert, soup, and all is good, cheap, and big portion so in love.

My fav one almond tofu + 碗粿

Going back to NOCSH, OMG 15 years ago I come here and 11 years ago I graduated from here. Maigat it's really so emotional to still coming back to the place that grow me alot. More than thankful. So what we have here?  南雅夜市 Nanya Night Market and my favorite stall still there <3 


綜合不要鳳梨— the packaging change, the stall place change, the owner looks different


Nothing change except the price haha

原味&牛肉沙拉多柴魚多

My favorite one 冬瓜粉條

Day 3 nostalgic : 

Still part of NOCSH, I'm having breakfast at the bfast home-shop that classified as high-class bfast for student at that time haha. Famous for its 酸辣醬 sour-spicy sauce. 



Home for 4 years that time

後門nowadays with student ID card, in past days manually cross by and only specific time it will open 

For us as student this is the high class one because its menu more fancy and expensive ahhahaha

Nothing change

卡拉雞沙拉 & 胡椒麵加蛋加酸辣醬 + 大冰奶

Another area that also accompany my past days in Taiwan, 師大 and its 滷味 OMG anyway it is my first time eating luwei in daytime haha usually people take it as dinner. 


And another stall that already in my mind for long time is this 魚鬆滷肉飯 in MRT Linguang. The uncle is a Myanmar and our favorite is this 魚鬆滷肉飯&土魠魚羹



魚鬆滷肉飯+地瓜葉

Day 4 not-really-nostalgic : 

Well, the last full day here I explore Da dao cheng 大稻埕 & Longshan Temple 龙山寺 it's really my first time to explore here, 2 reasons : first because when I stay in Taiwan 大稻埕 not yet that famous and 龙山寺is a red district haha. 

But this time I got experienced some beauty things here 

1. The porridge 周記肉粥店, its an old resto with the menu meat porridge & deep fried pork as below picture if you dont know how to order just give below picture haha. The porridge is so comforting thou. 

2. The old school ice-cream

3. Starfruit ice 成都楊桃冰 the queue so long, its like sour sweet icy things very refreshing 


4. 青草茶 A bit bitter but healthy its an oldschool grass tea kinda things that you can found easily but they said this one made it in traditional way 

After you try all of those mouthwatering you can walk to 大稻埕to see the sunset and enjoy the view also jogging if you want. It’s really nice but i dont suggest to have seat on the cafe there since its too crowded.




A very cute 711 there

ofc with the most iconic Taiwan 711 pudding haha


So in love with Taiwan, see you next visit. Never get bored to having a nostalgic trip in Taiwan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment down below :)