Saturday, March 16, 2019

Malacca One Day Trip : Dutch Square, Jonker Walk | Malaysia

Malacca is one of my bucket list since few years ago, and here I am planning my trip to this UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Usually people travel to Malacca from Kuala Lumpur by bus. Also it can be reach by train or plan. But as I stay at Kuala Lumpur so I try to have bus. Need 2 hours travel time from Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (Kuala Lumpur bus station) to Malacca Sentral.

You can book the bus via easybook.com and print out the ticket. But the print out copy need to change to real ticket when you arrive at the station before take the bus.

I take different bus company for this round trip and feel nothing different, the only different is KKL bus if I'm not wrong. KKL is executive bus with wider seat 1-3. For the others bus, just choose the one that meet your schedule.

I get 7.00 bus in the morning, and the bus leaving terminal at 7.15. As my experience traveling in Malaysia the schedule mostly not on time. :(

Arrived safely at 9. So the famous travel point in Malacca is Dutch Square & Jonker Walk. Dutch Square where the red church is and Jonker Walk is the Chinatown. And the interesting thing is they are in one site that you can reach each other by walking distance. Yeay!

Now, you only need to take public bus from Malacca Sentral to Dutch Square. Fare is RM 2,  I think. It takes around 15 minutes.

First thing you will see in Dutch Square is all about red Portuguese building here. It's an instagramable spot everywhere. Make sure you have your sunnies.

This  building is drop off point for any buses or car or taxi. No parking here, I see people get fine when they stop for longer time.
The famous Red Church
Inside Red Church, open for public
Spot big ben from inside the Red Church
The instagramable spot is everywhere

Here is the intersection to Jonker Walk
The famous garden inside Jonker Walk


Can you spot the barongsai :)
If you want to bought Malacca souvenir


Don't forget to try the Hainan Chicken rice in Jonker Walk as its the famous one. You can easily find it everywhere. 


If you are done with this hot weather here, you also can visit some mall in Malacca. I forget what it called near Dutch Square, and also there are AEON Mall. Don't forget to be on station before your bus depart. 

I take bus at 16:00 and going back to Malacca Sentral and have some food there. This one is delicious and cheap. Loving it.