Sunday, February 10, 2019

Link Hotel | Penang, Malaysia

Various accommodation ready to welcome you here in Penang, Malaysia. From luxury hotel to budget hotel all is here. But first, you need to decide the location where you want to stay. Penang is divided to Penang Island where the airport located and the other territory on the same island as Kuala Lumpur which located within 15 minutes ferry ride from the Penang Island.

Most of the traveller will explore Penang Island as the UNESCO World Culture Heritage Site, George Town that listed on 2018 is the main target.

Couple of selection to find your accommodation location, as I search, Bukit Ferringhi for sea view apartment, Clan Jetties for accommodation near to ferry terminal, and George Town for it heritage building & street food.

This time, I choose George Town. So what my expectation is a room which : can reach by lift, have window, private bathroom.

Here we are, I found Link Hotel which located inside George Town. You need to know mostly for hotel in George Town that use old building don't have lift and shared bathroom, but also budget friendly.


I book via Agoda and it cost me IDR 332k per night for deluxe twin room. Starting 2017 I guess there is tourism tax for foreign who stay in Malaysia, RM 10 per room per night and it will pay once check in directly to the hotel.

I take Grab from Penang Int'l Airport to Link Hotel, distance is around 30 minutes with fare RM 27.

Spot Link Hotel
When check in, they will ask deposit for RM 50 and will return when check out.

As a person that drink water so much, I'm glad there are drinking fountain in each floor so no need to buy the mineral water from outside, quiet plus point I love.

But sadly the window prohibited to open. As my expectation to get window room is to get airy room.


What they have for facilities : Wi-Fi in room, soap, shampoo, towel, glass, hot shower

What I expect they have but not : Slippers inside room, tooth brush & tooth paste

For travel adapter & hair dryer upon request on receptionist and its free to use, return when check out and you will get back your deposit.

Plus point :
  • Very strategic location and easy to reach 
  • Reasonable price with lift facilities
Minus point : 
  • Window unable to open so the air feels like no window room
  • No slippers 

One day trip about Penang can read by this link, welcome to click :)