Saturday, September 23, 2023

The Greatest Birthday Gift from Nepal | Chandragiri & Nagarkot, Nepal

If you are a mountain person, you will like definetly like it. It’s 2 different places in 2 different area but I just put it to 1 post as it still in 1 theme haha. 

Let's talk about Chandragiri Hill first. So Chandragiri is a municipality in Kathmandu district in Bagmati Province, famous for its cable car 200 feet from the ground that opened from 2016. The cable car runs from Thankot to Chandragiri hills, 2,4km line. 

Ticket is pricy for foreigner so don't be surprised for Chandragiri cable car trip package price is a bit high, USD 22 for round trip for foreigner


The queue is long but for foreigner & guide you can have fast track. 

A cable car can bring up to 10 people so if your group is not 10  people, you will share the car with others. 

What you will see on the hill? A temple where people pray & got blessing there and also restaurant and toilet, but the point actually is not what you see on the hill, but the scenery during the cable car line. 










Worth to try for the ticket price? As I like mountain I like it, anyway. 

Next is Nagarkot. Well. Nagarkot known for its sunrise hiking to see sunrise view of Himalayas including Mount Everest and other peaks of the Himalayan range of eastern Nepal. 

How is the trekking difficulty, in my opinion is easy. Why? Because you will start depart from Kathmandu city around 4.30 in the morning and will take around 1 hour. Last half road is uphill road by car then you will be in an observation deck to wait the sunrise after that I walk downhill through local village. They have the tourist route also but I like more local one. I walk by 2 hours and love it so much ❤️

Make sure you wear comfy clothes and footwear. Also prepare water, little cash, and camera. Check my picture below you will know why you need a camera. 

This is the early morning situation its foggy they said its foggy & rainy in this week. And its my birthday so I enjoy it the quiet time to pray and make a wish haha. 

then we start walking and suddenly my birthday gift coming. The sky become clear and we can see the peak clearly ohmygodddd even they said this is the first time we have clear sky in this season —- what a greatful birthday trip and I really enjoy my morning walking. 






Nepali traditional rice wine














when you cross local house there is a child who sell a pouch made by his mom, I didnt take the picture because I feel to lucky to see this little guy, he even didnt scam me but asking politely : my mom made this would you like to buy some? —— How can I still remember to take out my phone and take picture.




There are many many many spot to get the beautiful picture as each of them are beautiful but I think like half of my route I spend it by enjoying the local life, breathing the clear oxygen, and having peaceful mind. I love love love it so much. 

In the end I’m having the tea with local uncles or grandpa maybe haha. 

I think it was the greatest birthday gift of the year! Love love it so muchies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment down below :)