Sunday, May 7, 2023

Bobobox Semarang Kota Lama | Jawa Tengah, Indonesia

Finally the time is coming yeay! It was on my bucket list to try out Bobobox since months back. Bobobox have 2 type actually, Bobocabin (cabin build in the middle of nature) and Bobobox which is a capsule backpacker hostel. 

Why I want to try this out actually 2 reasons : I try The Pod Singapore in 2015 and its convenience enough but at that time Indo not yet have this kind of capsule hostel, so when Bobobox here I wanna give a try. Another reason is the location very convenience, Semarang one is in the heart of Kota Lama. What a good deal. 

Read : The Pod Singapore Review

Read : Work Inn Taipei Backpacker Hostel Review



Parking area

I booked through Agoda for IDR 200K per night - its a bit high due to long weekend usually for single pod its around 1xx. 



You will be asked to download Bobobox app, it use to verify your identity, open the door (both public space & pod door use QR code on the app to open), contact the receptionist through chat on the app, set pod lamp color. 


Bobobox has 2 pods type : sky pod (upper deck) & earth pod (bottom deck) that you can choose when book. And it feels better than usual capsule pod, it has the door and more privacy as you can lock the door through the app and have little space to put your belongings. 



Inside the pod you will have this panel with speaker that can play forest & river ASMR... OMG so tempting for healing I really enjoy this speaker. Also to switch the lamp and check the clock. A next level of backpacker hostel I think.  


Also you will have this mini blind to cover the mini window. Ahh and the charger in this picture I borrow it from the receptionist bcs I just realize I forget to bring the charger and its FREE. Very helpful Bobobox.



Shared bathroom separate within woman & man also shower room separate with toilet. 3 of each in each bathroom with 2in1 shampoo & soap also hairdryer.


You will get towel on the pod & toothbrush kit upon check in with slippers also. Slippers is a single use slipper that very thin and not comfortable for me, but they rule is to put your shoes on the locker in front of receptionist and wear that slippers inside Bobobox. This slippers is the minus point during my stay. 


Reception also have sanitary napkin (pembalut), ready-to-eat meal, and other amenities that in general people need, they sell it. What a convenience thing. 

And the happiest thing is they have dispenser to refill water yeay! Ohh they didn't provide any cup or water bottle so bring your own and refill here

In the public area also have little kitchen comes with sink, microwave, and other few kitchen stuff. 


Overall I enjoy my stay and worth the money as its less effort to commute & what you need is all here and very simple one. Thanks Bobobox and thanks for borrow me charger haha. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment down below :)