Friday, March 26, 2021

How I Become An Engineer

Actually never in my mind before there would be this day I'm sharing as an engineer, but yeap God's plan is more than yours. :) As I'm writing this post I still amaze how I can walk through those day till today. 

So, the story began 4 years ago when I graduate from university and got bachelor degree in International Business & Digital Multimedia Design. At that time I have my full time job in a company but I decide to come back to Indo after 8 years leaving my hometown. So, I start searching a job from Taiwan - long story short I get a job that I love it very much and while waiting for the official offer letter I get interview invitation from the other company, lets called it company B. 

Suddenly after 3 times interview at the company I love, it was canceled. I lost the job that I love just because my nationality. Then the only choice is to take company B offer. But at that time I don't feels I'm ok with company B. Feels like my life is so blurry in company B while they don't promise me anything and just say let's try first if you are suitable for this job. 

One of my friend told me : Actually we don't need promise from company, we just need promise from God

Then, I don't know why suddenly I accept company B offer and come back to my hometown for work. 

Starting my career at this company it doesn't smooth at all. First 3 months we have probation and I have lot of training that made me lost 5kg (good news anw). Maybe I set higher standard for myself to learn all of the things they train me about so I feel like lost lot of energy during this training period and all unfamiliar things. 

This is a manufacture company, and yes, I need to learn from zero as I never learn anything about manufacturing before, I'm an outsider and I proud of it.  

During probation, each months we have assessment, I still remember what management ask me during that period : 

  • How long you want to work here? As long as I still can learn something.
  • Which part of process you like the most? Stitching process. Why? It's so complicated. Because it's not boring and I enjoy doing something that challenging. So you like to being stressful ya - HAHAHA

Those 2 question come out from one of the management that I adore so much - and he will appears accordingly on this career stories. :) 

3 months past, and here we are on the last assessment that will decide which I would be part of this company or not. The top management here, he give me high score and told me : You are the second person that I give this high score during my career for years, the reason behind is, you are stubborn, and I appreciate it. You never reject any learning opportunity.

Don't think too much and I become part of this company while I think this is my career as a freshgrad. But somehow I'm thinking is he praise me for stubborn or offend? HAHAHAHA

That time I'm very fiery to learn new things, very ambitious to do great job and one conversation that made me down was a senior told me : Don't daydream you will be train as much here or to attend official external training. 

But, as a fresher I'm very innocent I told my self, nothing impossible I must get 1 license per year here

On my first half year I stuck in the department that seems no hope, none mentor, none opportunity to learn something to the next level and feel stressed. I ask to be transfer to other department which the department I choose in beginning but reject by the top management. 

I start to think maybe I need to find another job cause if I continue to stay here I won't grow up. I start to manage and tidy up all files in computer and I pray if tomorrow no one transfer me to other department I will apply for resign. 

Suddenly I get message : Please come and see me today. 

Well, 機會只留給準備好的人 this quotes really happened. 

And he transfer me onto the department that I choose. Ok, I get the answer God, I will continue working here. Yeay! 

This is the department that identically industrial engineering people meets each other, and who am I? Nor even hear about industrial engineering before but this is the core of manufacture industry and I believe I would learn a lot. So, this is my target.

Tips : Be in the part of core department of your company industry so you will learn lot of things. 

The funniest things is even I don't know what is 8waste (a basic knowledge about manufacturing industry) and I learn from zero in this department. Through up and down here we come on the second year of my career here. 

I pray : God, I feel bored. And I want to learn more and more things. 

This department has 4 teams and I went around that 4 teams - I never reject any chance to learn new things, I never reject any assignment. 

On the second year I get chance to learn about 6Sigma in Taiwan and get certified in the next year. I'm the youngest one in that class and all of them was graduate or skilled about industrial engineering and I'm the only outsider. But, I proud how God bring me go through this storm. I still remember that time I chat my colleague and told him I can't afford it, too difficult. I'm happy to coming back to Taiwan for study but this material is too difficult, out of what I can do. 

Also in the third year ahead I get chance to earn 2 more certificate which is both are the core knowledge about manufacturing industry. 

I ever pray that I want to go to another milestone and I heard the answer that I need to work for 3 years and 8 months here. Shocking one is our factory was moving right on my 3 years 8 months journey. 

I feel so unreal that what my prayer comes true and how God's lead. I'm thankful for the company & the mentor who raise me and now I'm skilled and certified in industrial engineering part, proud engineer who comes from outsider. 

Flashback to the time when I was new comer, I still remember what I ask for : earn certified skill & internal external relation. Now, what God give me through this 3 years 8 months? More more more than what I ask for, even more than what I can imagine before. 

I'm thankful for 2 benefactor 貴人 during my journey here. 

A centre head that I adore so much, he is the one who always push me and told me "Chelsie, every expert comes from nothing, what you are afraid about?". He is the first people I adore when I back to Indo (and still haven't find the second one till now), the one that transfer me and bring me to industrial engineering world, the one that use his authority appropriately, the one that always push us to be better one, the true leader and a great mentor. He is so humble and I learn a lot of from him. 

An operation head that give me so many chance to learn, so many opportunity to grab, proper protection. I still remember when my Dad passed away and I just back to Indo for some months, he is the one that care my safety, he is a loyal boss. 

I feel like they are giving investment for my future, I leaving this company and I join into the industry of industrial engineering world - unlimited world to explore and I wouldn't be who I am without these skill and certificate and without their foster. 

So what I learn from this job was don't be afraid to learn something new and believe in God's plan for your life. At least in my life all God purpose is connect one to each other and I'm on the adventure. 

Who knows the first job after graduate change my career? I'm going to share also about how to seek job for fresh graduate and tips during seeking & interviewing. Stay tune! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment down below :)