Saturday, February 10, 2024

A Day in Death Railway Local Train | Kanchanaburi, Thailand

Hello here I am with another road trip story. Yes, you hear it right I’m having around 8 hours on the train only for the road trip hehe. So if you found the historical place to go surround Bangkok you will found Kanchanaburi the Death Railway trip. 

I went 164 km one way and 328 km round trip in a day for this.

This is the former Burma railway which was built with forced labour during the second world war. And it still operate until now. The end point is Nam Tok station it already in Myanmar border. So let me show you what I found during this whole day railway road trip. 

See, where I am already in the Myanmar border haha

There are several option to get there :

1. Join the day trip from Bangkok it will cost you around THB 2,000 but more comfortable since you will only take a part of the train and able to stop in several iconic place also to take picture. 

2. Go by the tourist train start from Hua Lamphong station, this train only operate on weekend and you can’t buy the ticket online, only on the spot it cost THB 130 return ticket. But it so hard to get the ticket when I came the nearest ticket is next month ok bhay hehe (In summary this is the most efficience and affordable one but hard to get if you only come to travel)

3. Nah this is the option I try since I didnt get the option 2. I take the local train from Thonburi station cost THB 100 per trip so THB 200 for round trip. For this one you should able to get the ticket on the spot since it was a local train and no seat number, just enter the train and take a seat. 

Well, so lets start my journey with option 3

First you need to know there are 2 railway station in Bangkok : Hua Lamphong which is connected with MRT Hua Lamphong & Thonburi which is unconnected with any public transportation. In Thai, train not always faster than car so basically this is for you to enjoy the trip and not to rush the commuting time. 

The train will depart from Thonburi by 07:50 in the morning and arrive Kanchanaburi at 10:25 and Nam Tok at 12:30. Try to grab the left seat go & back route it will show you the most beautiful scenery.


You can feel the real Thai local here

This is a vintage local train so only have nature wind no AC no close window haha. But I really enjoy it so much. 









Actually there are several option to travel to Kanchanaburi you can have daytrip like me or stay for a night. Since I dont have enough time so my target on this trip is only to see the scenery & road trip of Kanchanaburi. 

I like to take the photograph during the trip its all like very beautiful countryside




Where you need to take off? If you are having daytrip get off at Nam Tok the last station and you can take a way for a lunch box and get back again to the train for the way back. 

Please be noted this is suitable for a traveller so if you are not you should measure your own preference. 

The best scenery is on the last half part but actually I found when you too focus on the scenery you forget to take the picture like the one appear on google when you search Death Railway trip haha. 






This, when we cross the bridge

Toilet inside the train still consider ok at least you have one

How local are you until you are on the place that local auntie picking their veggies well :) 


This I take from google actually this is the railway we cross and in the left side you will see great scenery as below picture I take even more just only your eyes can feel it on the spot haha



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment down below :)