Sunday, February 11, 2024

A 2000 SqKM National Park | Khao Yai, Thailand

It was a suddent trip that always in my list since I see the picture of Khao Yai National Park but since it is 141 km from Bangkok and the only option is by car to get there so I was think twice until I got the chance this time yeay! 

excited me on early morning to Khao Yai

The only way to get there is by car, whether you drive or join the trip but I suggest to join the trip. Why? First its quiet far even after you arrive the entrance gate it took 1 hour to go inside by driving until you get to your spot. Second there are many spot inside if you go by yourself you will waste the time to search how to get there also to go inside the jungle it quiet dangerous if you go by your own. So the best choice is to get the trip from Bangkok. 

Well from Bangkok you need to start early and arrive after around 2.5 to 3 hours. This time I have 3 point to visit in Khao Yai. 

So Khao Yai means big mountain, it cover more than 2,000 square kilometers of forest & grassland in central Thailand. Cross 4 province : Saraburi, Ratchasima, Pranchinburi, Nakhon Nayok it made this national park have several entrance gate from each province but it all goes to the same area. 

Since it so huge so you will explore by car, the car will drop you on the point (park) you want to explore and you go by yourself then after you finish we move to other point by car again. 

I went to 2 waterfall (they called Nam Tok in Thai) and 1 trekking jungle (the real jungle). 

Since you will use your feet alot, you should wear a very comfortable and non slippery outdoor footwear (i wear my keen its all good) and wear a comfortable outfit also dont forget your sunnies & sunblock and small petty cash. Oh I dont think its necessary to bring the camera since when you go to jungle you need to walk in a difficult land so bring as less as you can. Dont forget to bring water and dont litter inside park. 

First stop Haew Narok Nam Tok

It was easy step on the beginning then after that 200 step down and up. Well the stairs itself can make your feet like no feel haha. 

bit part of the stairs that made my feet feel nothing hehe







This beauty scenery you will found 360 degree inside Khao Yai — greenies, blue sky, and clear air

We have lunch on the canteen and its like Thai food, not expensive you can choose what you want plus you also can order some coffee or thai tea there. A deer acompany my lunch time haha. 


the canteen crowded but quiet comfortable


Next stop is a trekking one with the real jungle experience to Orchid Waterfall like we see elephant poop here and there and also the road not comfortable to walk by, you need to cross the fall down tree trunk. It was like 5 km if not wrong but it feels far because the road is not really a road to walk haha. 






yes we did it. we cross this “bridge”






Our guide take a pic of me taking pic haha

its a real hidden gem you will love it if you are a mountain person

Last stop is a Haew Suwat waterfall also and the easiest one of the day yet a very commercial one I think. It was well infrastructured for elder and kids only a stairs then you can see it. For me I dont really love this one so I only enjoy sitting in the calm corner there since the second point which is the trekking one got my heart already hard to beat haha. 



It was my first time to be in this level of jungle, okay chelsie you grow to another level, we can go to next jungle level haha. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment down below :)